Podcast Chat on Finger Numbers

I have long been a supporter, occasional guest, and regular behind-the-scenes contributor to the Piano Parent Podcast for several years now. And over that time I've shared many of my favorite episodes right here on the blog because I think it is a truly valuable resource for parents of piano students. So while I was meeting with Shelly, the podcast's host, to brainstorm ideas for the upcoming quarter, she invited me to record a quick teacher chat episode with her all about finger numbers and hand placement. 

If you've ever wondered why we bother about finger numbers, how important they are really, or what the long term goal in prescribing finger numbers and hand placement in early music might be, then this episode is a worthwhile listen. Shelly & I both share our thoughts on hand placement, how we handle certain challenges in our teaching, and most importantly we have a few simple tips to help piano parents support learning good finger habits in home practice. 

I invite you to listen to the episode here: 

And you can find the shownotes here. While you're there, don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast player so you can always get the latest episodes of this free resource for parents of piano students.