Piano Senior Spotlight presented by Tamara M.


Today's blog post is a Senior Spotlight featuring the studio's graduating senior of 2020, Tamara Masri. 

Performance Program: 
Night Thoughts by Barbara Arens
Graffiti by Barbara Arens

These pieces are from a collection of Nocturnes called Rendezvous with Midnight, in which each piece has a short poem associated with it. You'll see the text of these poems in Tamara's video.

And without any further ado, I will turn it over to Tamara to introduce herself & perform her selections. 
Hi, my name is Tamara Masri. I am a graduating high school senior and I have been playing piano for 14 years. In the fall of 2020, I will be studying Neuroscience at UCLA. 

Learning to play piano has made music a very important part of my life. Playing an instrument is a huge stress-relief, as well as an effective way to express myself.


And if you wanted to hear a little more from Tamara, she's also written two original pieces of the music over the past couple years as part of our Young Composers Project. You can also listen to those below:

Driftwood by Tamara Masri, (c) 2020.



Searching for Paradise by Tamara Masri, (c) 2019.