Introducing your new piano teacher, Mrs. Ivers!

As many of you know, I just got married! We are very happy and excited, and really enjoyed seeing so many of my students at the ceremony and reception. We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

Naturally, music was a large part of the ceremony for us.
And many of you who attended discovered that my husband is quite a talented musician. He composed an original song called "Musicbox" that he played for me on the wedding day. As I told him after, I think I have a new favorite song! A recorded version is not yet available, but you can check out some of Kevin's other original pieces at kevinivers.bandcamp.com.

We also featured our moms singing a duet together, as we both come from musical families, as well as pieces from a couple of our favorite movies, the bridal processional was taken from Rogers & Hammerstein's "The Sound of Music" and the recessional was the "Throne Room Theme" from "Star Wars: A New Hope" made complete with a light saber salute.

We will be heading off on our honeymoon this coming week, so lessons will be on hold from March 12th through March 27th. We will resume lessons as usual on Thursday, the 28th.

A couple quick orders of business: I will be changing my name, but I will notify everyone when it is official. For the time being, I am not planning on changing my email address.