Tale As Old As Time - easy piano arrangement

One of my favorite songs as a child was "Tale as Old as Time" from Disney's Beauty & the Beast. I'm going to date myself here, but this was the first movie I saw in theaters when I was 4 years old. And I remember it vividly. I already loved books by that age, so Belle was instantly my hero. . . Anyways, back to the music: Tale as Old as Time is a lovely piece, with a simple, timeless melody that is full of nostalgia for so many in my generation. And with the new live action movie coming out last year, it has seen a definite resurgence in popularity with kids again.

What I'm sharing today is a late beginner/early intermediate piano solo that I did for a student several years ago when she had asked to learn this piece and I couldn't find just the right thing that I wanted for her level. I probably could have looked longer & harder ended up finding something that would've worked, but since I do enjoy arranging music I decided instead to sit down at the piano and put together something that would be perfect for her.

And the best part is that this was one of the arrangements I was able to make available for purchase when I joined SMP Press, and it has since become my best-selling sheet music selection. You can view it here on Sheet Music Plus.

A little about arranging: 
One of the challenges of arranging popular music for early piano students is making the music easy enough without losing so much harmony, nuance or texture that the piece begins to feel flat, and loses the quality that makes us like it in the first place. It's a little like sifting through the notes to find which are the most important to the core essence of the piece, and putting them back together in such a way that a student who is just learning this language can express it fluently. And it's a process I've come to really enjoy over the years, especially when I've gotten to the end of it, and I can hand a student a piece that will energize their practice & increase their attachment to music.

Here is my arrangement of Tale as Old as Time for late beginner to early intermediate piano.