iPad and Piano? I think YES!


One of the resources that I use for games, videos and theory tutorials in piano lessons is this website with a huge collection of resources created and made available by a piano teacher in Canada. Most of the games my students always ask me to play are from this site. "Funny Farm" ring a bell anyone?

One of her newer additions that has really intrigued me is her series of lessons, games and even an app for the iPad.
(Click here for more info). How fun would it be for students to play games on an iPad while learning keyboard theory?! I have downloaded all of her activities, and I watched several of her tutorials on how she creates these and uses them in lessons. I am hoping to one day be able to incorporate these into my own lesson curriculum, as well as add some of my own ideas.

The downside of this is the fact that I don't have an iPad yet. I am hoping to save up and be able to stop in at the Apple Store and purchase one by January. Something exciting for all of us to look forward to!

*Picture courtesy of Anne Crosby Gaudet of PianoDiscoveries.ca